This should not happen if you are on the right dose. It’s important to have regular blood tests to make sure your dose is not too high. It’s OK to breastfeed while you’re on levothyroxine. When taken as a supplement they only pass into breast milk in tiny amounts that are too small to affect your baby.
- Children or teens can start with their primary health care provider.
- Levothyroxine sodium is also used to treat other types of thyroid hormone and thyroid disorders and conditions (such as certain types of goiters, thyroid cancer).
- Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
- You should also take synthroid .088 mcg buy online at least 4 hours before or after certain drugs that can affect how effective Synthroid is.
- A class of drugs is a group of medications that work in a similar way.
However, if your Synthroid dosage is too low, you may experience symptoms of the condition you’re taking it to treat. Your doctor may adjust your dosage every 4 to 6 weeks as needed during treatment. For example, an adult weighing 68 kg (about 150 lb) may take 100 mcg to 112 mcg of Synthroid per day as their starting dosage. Lab and/or medical tests (such as thyroid function) should be done while you are taking this medication. Here’s information to help you get ready for your appointment and know what to expect from your health care provider.
Interactions that can make your drugs less effective
Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist. Check with your physician if you have health questions or concerns. If your Synthroid dosage is too high, it can lead to high thyroid hormone levels. These high hormone levels can cause you to develop symptoms of hyperthyroidism, in which you have too much thyroid hormone in your body. This condition is the opposite of hypothyroidism, which is having too little thyroid hormone in your body. An interaction between two medications does not always mean that you must stop taking one of the medications; however, sometimes it does.
More about levothyroxine
Only mix the crushed tablets with water; do not mix it with food or soybean infant formula. If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
There are different brands of levothyroxine available. Do not change brands without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist. If these effects are mild, they may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks.